Design Thinking for Creative Leadership – Advanced
Design Thinking for Creative Leadership training advances leaders’ capability to identify and set-up the conditions for creative problem solving. This invigorating learning experience helps participants design an effective approach to drive innovation. It is for people who want to go beyond the fundamentals and enhance their Design Thinking practice.
“Creativity is the ability to generate novel and useful ideas, while innovation is the successful implementation of creative ideas.”
Assisting with methods to collaborate online, in the cloud, the program ensures creative engagement with dynamic learning material. Using an online whiteboard (Miro), teams learn how to rapidly take on a new work paradigm.
Early Bird Price
R 16 445.00
4 weeks / 7 sessions
6 hours per week plus assignments
STRUCTURE OF THE ONLINE DESIGN THINKING FOR CREATIVE LEADERSHIP TRAINING
7 online sessions of 3.00 hours each over 4 weeks
A minimum of 45 minutes is required between sessions to research, align with colleagues and use the tools.
A series of pre-work videos and material to go through in prep for the course.
This Creative Leadership program provides tools and builds the capabilities that help drive innovation and customer-centred solutions. It helps managers develop a more advanced leadership approach and set teams up for success.
MAIN OUTCOMES OF THIS CREATIVE LEADERSHIP TRAINING
The program will develop the participants individual creative problem solving capabilities, enhancing creative confidence while ensuring a focus on how to co-create customer value by linking organisational silos through a common projects.
Capabilities we will focus on are:
- Empathy: Tapping into the participants inherent empathic skills to take in fresh perspectives and lead teams through careful listening and a deeper sense of self awareness
- Managing Complexity: Participants will learn to identify preferred outcomes when exploring unchartered territory – to understand the big picture and understand how to identify drivers and root causes
- Radical collaboration: Participants will learn to lead radically collaborative projects focusing on value generation while co-creating prototypes to test
- Value-generation: Participant will identify the conducive conditions needed for teams to deliver value to customers through responsive innovation
This program will support people who are working in distributed teams to explore new ways of working. It will enable creative problem solving using online collaboration tools like Miro.
What will you learn
“Creative confidence is the ability to take creative leaps and develop new concepts by making links between seemingly disconnected elements”
Through Learning by Doing participants will develop their ability in the following:
- Empathy: Identifying with the human condition and learning to help design solutions for others having understood their needs and pain points and helping others to do the same
- Sense-making: Using techniques to help others synthesize and make sense of complexity
- Complex problem solving: Mapping opportunities to define user-centred solutions that add value to stakeholders
- Whole System Thinking: Learning to look at the big picture while identifying patterns, generating insights and discovering interrelationships between variables
- Iteration: Crafting value exchanges by ideating, testing and iterating newly developed prototypes with customers in a radically collaborative way
The training flows seamlessly across the five components. It helps participants identify opportunities to catalyze creative confidence and enable creative problem solving in teams and with other stakeholders.
Participants will become fluent in MIRO, as well as in the flow, principles and mindsets of Design Thinking.
Design Thinking for Creative Leadership
Over the course of 7 webinars, this Online Design Thinking for Creative Leadership training will generate an understanding of the theory and disciplines related to design thinking with experienced practitioners.
A blend of theory and practice
Each session will combine some theory and some practice, using online tools that support integrating Design Thinking (Creative Problem Solving) principles and mindsets into leadership behaviour.
Fast paced and interactive
During the Online Design Thinking for Creative Leadership training, we will go through a series of short and interactive sessions using tools and techniques to discover how to lead innovation from the trenches.
Based on a real problem
We will provide a challenge that will:
- Cover how to identify opportunities in organisations to drive creative problem solving
- Determine where to intervene in a complex system
- Enable using relevant tools that support a creative doing environment
- Provide an experience on of how to radically co-create new concepts
Learning Design Thinking for Creative Leadership by Doing
The major part of the Online Design Thinking for Creative Leadership training, however, will be spent doing hands-on work on a case using the different online and paper-based tools.
It will involve ‘learning by doing’ and include a focus on identifying conditions for successfully driving innovation.
A focus on cocreation
This training will help leaders uncover the barriers to successfully create new concepts, while empathising with the customer’s needs and emotions.
Asking the right questions
We will review questions like:
- What institutional barriers are preventing innovation in our organisation?
- What are the conditions required to enable or unblock innovative concepts?
- What should your innovation value chain look like – where is it misfiring?
- How might we enable teams to generate unprecedented value for our customers?
In between classes you will be required to complete “homework” by doing research, sharing information online with your fellow participants and diving into the use of the tools.
This will support your understanding on how to work remotely in teams as well as enable a customer-oriented mindset given the social distancing scenario.
Meet your instructors
Founder & Managing Partner DTA South Africa
Robert is the founder and managing partner of DT Academy South Africa, blending design thinking and systems thinking to help people co-create preferred futures.
Partner & Senior Facilitator DesignThinkers Academy Portugal
Head of Global Accounts for DesignThinkers and proud to have delivered trainings for corporations such as Coca-Cola, Nespresso, IBM, Sap & many more.
Co-Founder DesignThinkers Academy Eastern Europe
Co-Founder and Facilitator at DT Academy Eastern Europe. She is an experienced business consultant teaching entrepreneurship and leadership within corporate environments.
Senior Facilitator DesignThinkers Academy South Africa
Jen is an experienced consultant, facilitator and coach in the areas of lean innovation, design thinking and customer experience, in small and large companies across multiple industries.
Tiaan is an experienced facilitator and an avid collector and teller of stories. He uses design thinking to position brands and create authentic brand narratives.