Effective Storytelling Course Nigeria
1-Day Design Thinking Effective Storytelling Course | 12 May 2020 | Lagos, Nigeria
The secret to persuasion, influence, and motivation is a formula deeply grounded in storytelling. This one-day exploration and activation into the craft of storytelling offers a deeper understanding of why story matters, what it means to ‘think in story’ and how to apply storytelling to influence an audience.
Is the message you communicate about your product, service or strategy presented in a way that is memorable and impactful? Do you understand your audience so that you are able to connect to your customers or stakeholders needs through relevant stories? Are you willing to take bigger risks in the way you make creatives choices about your story delivery?
08:30 hr Welcome and Introduction
09:00 hr Group story check in exercise
09:30 hr What is story? Activations
10.45 hr Why story matters; The science of story
11:30 hr Think in story; Story Axioms for inspiration and insight
12:30 hr Lunch
13:15 hr Story Energiser
13:45 hr Storytelling in Design Thinking – a process context
14:30 hr Extract stories and make story choices
15:30 hr Delivery choices – what medium to use?
16:00 hr Role-Play methods – exploring positions of empathy
16:30 hr Performing stories
17:30 hr Close
Dr Olukunle A. Iyanda, is a skilled strategist, an experienced corporate educator who advises on demystifying and enabling innovation and organisational strategic agility.
Story is one of the primary mediums through which humans communicate and make sense of the world. In an increasingly automated world, the power of story offers the opportunity to communicate meaning and create emotional connections with your audience. Through story you begin to humanize your message and gain trust in your audience. Based on this understanding, by creating and telling stories, we begin to re-imagine and co-create the future.
During this course you will experience first-hand techniques related to the following:
- The performance of storytelling
- The application of storytelling in organizational contexts
- The science of story and the technical considerations for crafting a story, including story structure and the types of stories you might choose to tell.
- How design thinking, innovation and story converge to design customer-centered opportunities
- Practical tools to support an innovative and collaborative mind-set, by drawing on a range of creative techniques and practices.
- How to apply story to improve your presentations, speeches or sales pitches.
- How to apply story to the way you speak about yourself and the brand you represent.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRAINING
- Learn why story matters, what it means to ‘think in story’ and how to apply it in practice in your own work context.
- Experience story harvesting techniques, role play, improvisation and other creative techniques to tell stories that resonate.
- Experience a collaborative dynamic with other professionals from diverse contexts.
- The day is a blend of story conversations, experiences and activations
WHO SHOULD REGISTER FOR THIS PROGRAM?
- Brand owners who are looking for fresh and innovative ways to communicate their messages
- Design Thinking practitioners who want to use storytelling to research and design new prototypes
- Customer Experience Designers, User Experience Designers and Service Designers who want to use storytelling to design new products, services and experiences
- Anyone interested in the creative practice of personal and business transformation
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Get to understand why storytelling is fast becoming an essential skillset for anyone wanting to influence an audience in some way.
- Our main objective is to provide you with hands-on tools that you can use immediately the next day in your working environment
Our main objective is to provide you with hands-on tools that you can use immediately the next day in your working environment.
Besides the training program you will be handed out a toolkit, certificate and access to the DT Academy Network virtual environment.
The end result is aimed at a transformation of the participants, knowledge of tools and methods, a deep understanding of the value of design, and professional & personal growth.
About this Event
De Rembrandt Hotel,
172 Obafemi Awolowo Way,
May 12th 2020
Maximum participants: Appr. 15
Ticket price: NGN 75, 000
Prices include lunch, snacks and drinks.
Discounts available for teams signing up or NGO’s. Prices are exclusive of VAT.
BROOT Consulting: UBA (1007380111), Zenith Bank (1013121917)
Acceptable mode of of Payment: Direct transfer or certified Bank draft